It's 4:00 in the morning and I'm at my favorite place...work! I'm precepting a new nurse tonight and she's great so it makes my job to stay awake even more difficult! Our whole family is sick with what I think is Carter preschool funk passed on to each one of us! Carter acts like he feels great but sounds horrible - Cooper is pitiful, drooling like there is no tomorrow and also has a runny nose and cough, especially when he's in his crib, which is even sadder to hear. Jamey and I have both had sore throats and coughs but I'm hoping we're almost through with the 1st round of sickness! I really hope so b/c I have a rough week of work and then I'm so excited that my mom is coming to visit for a few days! I'm really hoping we can all be well by then b/c I feel like every time she comes she takes something unwanted home with her:) I guess that's how it is in a house with little ones but I still feel guilty about being the germ spreaders.
We've tried to have a low key week thus far and stayed in for most of the time to get well. I didn't even send Carter to school on Monday as he couldn't even speak he was so hoarse, but by 10:00 I was regretting my decision as he was full throttle for the entire day cooped up! Yesterday we went to the "green park", which is his favorite, but we only stayed about an hour. Carter decided he didn't really need to listen to me when I told him to please not throw mulch in the air because it was landing on other children. I even told him if he did it again we were leaving and he watched me with the most deliberate look when he threw it again! Sometimes I wonder about him but then he's the sweetest child ever for the rest of the day so I guess he's entitled to his moments. I was pushing him on the big boy swings right next to an odd looking man with several piercings that I was praying Carter wouldn't notice. Of course he did and started his barrage of questions with, "Mommy, why does that man have those things in his ears!?...Is he a boy or a girl?...Why doesn't Daddy have things like that?" This man he was talking about was about 3 feet from him so he obviously heard the whole thing but didn't seem too offended thankfully! Carter always has such impeccable timing with his questioning!

No comments:
Post a Comment