Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bye Bye Baby

This post could've also easily been titled the many faces of Hudson.  He has so many facial expressions ranging from blissfully happy to sad, mad, glad, and anywhere in between!  I could cry right now to think that my last baby is now 3.  Something about being 2 still seems like a baby but THREE is a whole new ballgame.  I'm not ready for this little snuggle bug of mine to be a big boy like his brothers.  I need to still hold him and rock him and love him like a baby!  Thankfully, he still likes to act the part so I'm not being deprived of good hugs, kisses, and lullabies just yet.

I don't know whether it's a third child thing, a third boy thing, or just Hudson being his own unique little person, but this boy is very different from his brothers!  He keeps us on our toes for sure and makes sure we all pay plenty of attention to him, no matter what else is going on at the time.  Carter and Cooper are very sweet and loving with him and are usually happy to play and make him feel included in whatever it is they're doing.  Hudson loves them so much and often asks during the day just out of nowhere where his brothers are and what they're doing.  Hudson is a big fan of Max and Ruby, the Cars movies, trains, cars, trucks and especially books.  He is still a good eater for the most part and is receptive to trying new things, but definitely has a sweet tooth for anything that comes after his meal!  He still attempts a nap each day, whether or not that happens, is a different story!  Nighttime is pretty easy, as he's usually so worn out by all the daytime festivities that he falls asleep quickly when he's supposed to.

Hudson even had a bit of a hard time with this birthday.  He kept telling us that he didn't want to turn 3, he wanted to stay 2 and keep being a baby.  I've tried to let him know often he will always be our baby and that being 3 isn't so bad!  We started his birthday morning with pumpkin donuts and dressed quickly to head to the fair.  Carter and Cooper felt very special to be able to stay home from school that morning to spend it at the fair!


Random but sweet picture of Carter and Hudson before Coop's game.

Hudson was pretty shy initially on his birthday morning but came around pretty quickly after giving me quite a few faces I was talking about earlier!

Love this one!

Maybe 3 isn't so bad...













Going to the fair in the morning was awesome because crowds were slim and we could ride anything with little to no waiting in line!  First up was the slide, followed by the train for Hudson, which was obviously unimpressive, the kiddie coaster, a few fun houses, the ferris wheel, and finally the spinning dragons.










Not quite what he had in mind I suppose!





Roller Coaster boys








Cooper was really unsure about the fun house exit!

Carter and Hudson loved it, while Cooper ran across it to get out!

We didn't realize it but Granny (AKA Jamey) came with us on the ferris wheel:).  I've never seen him so paranoid in my life!  Cooper and I were fine, Carter was a bit skeptical and Hudson was just along for the ride.  He loved seeing downtown Raleigh from the top though!













Last ride!

Big boys.



Acting a little more like himself once we came home!



Loving on George



Carter and Cooper's school had a Halloween Carnival Friday night so we headed there for a little fun before coming home for cake and presents.





















Happy Birthday mister, we love you to the moon and back!

No comments: