Thursday, June 7, 2012

Husband of the Year!

 June 1st was the day Jamey and I had our first "date" at a friend's graduation party.  A little background on that...my boyfriend at the time was someone my parents, brother, and friends all despised but I just couldn't see the light.  He had asked me to go to the beach with his family for the weekend but my parents wouldn't let me go.  Needless to say, as a teenage girl in 1997 I thought my world was ending and that my parents were the root of all evil at that point in time.  I reluctantly agreed to go to this party with some friends and just happened to spend the whole time talking to Jamey and the rest is history!  We don't really celebrate that day anymore because we use our wedding day but this year was a little different thanks to my thoughtful hubby.

Since it was 15 years ago (man do I feel old!), he totally surprised me Friday afternoon by coming home with flowers and a card.  At the end of the sweet card, it said to go upstairs and get changed into the dress (a new Lilly dress he picked out all on his own) on the bed and be ready to go at 6pm because a babysitter was coming.  I was so shocked and excited!  We never really do things like that but I was really looking forward to a fun night out just the two of us.  We went to a restaurant downtown and had a great time.  Ashley and Andrew came over to babysit so the boys had a great time at home as well!  Happy 15 years and I look forward to many more!  Thanks sweet Jamey, I love you so much!
  



No comments: