Thursday, March 25, 2010

Farm Animal Days and Outside Fun

Boo State as we like to call them around here hosts an event every year targeted at kids Carter and Cooper's age called Farm Animal Days. We had been once before when Carter was 2 and Coop was a baby so I knew this time would be lots more fun for both of them! There are dozens of animals you can pet and see but I think every kid's favorite part is holding the baby chicks and then the free ice cream (except Cooper of course)! They were really fascinated by all of it and loved sitting on the big tractors! If you have little kids you should definitely check it out but I think tomorrow is the last day.

As the weather has been nicer and with Daylights Savings Time we've been spending much more time outside and they love their swing set. It's honestly pretty nice for us too because they're both independent with the exception of the swings but hopefully Carter won't need help much longer with that!

Today was their last day of school before Easter Break so they both had parties and egg hunts! I really just love our preschool - they do the cutest things and always bring home awesome art projects, even at Coop's age. These are their homemade Easter baskets that they used on their egg hunts...Coop's is made from an orange juice container and Carter's is a milk jug. Aren't they cute?! Speaking of Carter's party, I forgot to mention this part! He asked me this morning before school if he could please wear his seersucker suit to school for the party because his friend Kenley was planning to wear her "fashion" shoes as he called them and her Easter dress! We went for his uniform of khakis and a polo instead.



Coop loves to hang on the bar and can actually reach it himself - he's getting way too big!
Whatever has them tickled must be pretty funny!

Cooper climbs the ladder (up and down) to the monkey bars by himself and scares me to death every time! I'll tell him to be careful and he says, "Mommy, me safe!"
Carter playing hard to get with his friend Dabney at Farm Animal Days.
There's that smile!
I love how Carter looks like he does this every day!
Your tongue must be out when you're concentrating - MJ style.





Coop's face cracks me up. I was also a little weirded out by the nice State student who offered to take our picture. Although very nice, I thought it was a little odd to go straight from handling farm animals to handling my camera but oh well, that's what lysol wipes are for.





The face of trouble with a capital T these days but I still love it.

No comments: