This time last year one of our neighbors, Nancy Cooper, was murdered by her husband and this morning there was a fun run to honor her and also to raise money for women in situations of domestic violence. I wouldn't say by any means that Nancy and I were best friends but she was a friend nonetheless and someone we saw quite a bit as we both loved to take our kids to the pool and because she lived down the street. She was a natural mom and I think anyone could see that just by watching her interact with children - they flocked to her. I thought participating in this run would be a great thing for us to do with our morning and a way to celebrate her life! I'm so glad we did it and it's something that I think I'll remember for a long time. Carter finished the run out of the stroller and was thrilled to be able to cross the finish line with people cheering for him! The kids were all given medals, too, so they wanted to show them off for the camera! Carter's friend and our neighbor, Keelin, is who he's posing with and they've become quite the buds lately - he's always wanting her to come over and they play great together so she's welcome anytime!

1 comment:
Your pictures are super and your boys are fabulously cute. Thank you! I'm glad you all had such a nice time!
Post a Comment