Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Balls, Boys, and Bye's


The past few weeks have been fun-filled but bittersweet for our family.  We've had the chance to watch Carolina play baseball twice and had a blast each time.  One was with the boys in Chapel Hill against Virginia and Carolina lost the game we saw but did win the next night to clinch the ACC regular season championship, which was pretty cool!  We left the boys at home for another game during the ACC tournament to see Carolina win a nail biter in 14 innings!  We had such a good time and have the awesome memory of watching them come back in the 9th inning to tie it with a 3 run homer right in front of us.  It was a great feeling and one I won't forget for a long time!

Cooper finished up his spring soccer league and we were all sad to see the season come to an end.  He has had so much more fun than we all ever thought he would and made a few nice friends and goals along the way.  He was so proud of himself and we were too!  He was all smiles and positivity the entire time, whether on defense or offense, and could defend a mean goal!  Mr. Cooper is proving to be a jack of all trades when it comes to sports...he hasn't met one that he doesn't like or isn't good at yet!  

Cooper also had his last day of preschool last week.  I vividly remember Carter's last day at the same preschool.  You would've thought I was at a funeral, not a celebration because I was such a weepy mess!  It was so hard to accept that it was already time for my precious firstborn to head off to elementary school in what seemed like the blink of an eye.  With Cooper, I felt much more prepared and ready.  I was happy for him to finish and I'm happy for him to be moving on to big boy school.  I think he's very ready and will really enjoy Kindergarten once the time comes in August.  Having said that, I sure thought I would be cool as a cucumber at his end of year program but my emotions crept up on me once again.  With Carter I was very proud of him but I was also very sad because I selfishly didn't want it to already be time for such a seemingly big step.  With Cooper, the time wasn't such a big deal to me, I was just overwhelmed with pride and love for what an awesome little guy Cooper has become.  He is such a sweet, thoughtful, friendly, and full of life little boy that just genuinely loves life and loves to be happy.  He is a great brother and a caring friend and has made such great little relationships with his teachers and classmates.  I feel so incredibly lucky to call him mine and to have the privilege of watching him grow and learn.  He is one of a kind and melts my heart with his every move.  I love you Cooper Bass and could not be prouder of the big boy you have become!   

Go Heels!







Carter's version of a rally cap, unfortunately it wasn't to be this time around!

Happy goalie

Getting pumped up!

Get that out of here!

Yes!  Did you guys see that?!

Clearing the ball

I'm open, I'm open!

Cute team!

Embarrassed to get his trophy!



Another parent was trying to get her son scoring on video and happened to get Cooper instead!  He's in red and has quite the little celebration for himself after his goal!
Last day of preschool program!

Certificate time!



Shy face because his teacher was talking about him:).

One more of my shy guy!



We loved Miss Pam so much!







Hudson's last day of school gear was looking sharp!

No comments: