Last year my brother and I did this race but this year I twisted Jamey's arm enough that he did it with us! If you know me you know I'm pretty competitive but I was actually really excited about this race because we weren't timed so I didn't feel the pressure to actually race! I said I was going into it to have fun and stick together, to which Jamey and Brian both laughed because they didn't think there was any way I would! We had a great time and all have battle scars to prove it but I would do it again tomorrow if I could!
Pre-race = cold, sleepy, and nervous!
These people definitely would've won best costume! They were funny and actually really nice. We were all proud to have finished right with them.
We're off and Jamey's in the lead (not for long!)!
One of the first few climbing walls.
Brian doing the gentleman-like thing and trying to help me but I wouldn't let him.
Last year I did this one alone but this year I was happy to take a helping hand to jump/step from one skinny log to another. Brian was stubborn on this one and wouldn't let anyone help him!
Brian and Jamey thought this one was funny and the next one because I'm looking at them impatiently with my hands on my hips:)!
The balance beam proved to be trickier for boys than girls but they both did well!
Our least favorite part was probably this section. It was an eternity of rocky mud with barb wire above you so you had to crawl for what seemed like forever.
Next was jumping into a huge pool of muddy water that was almost over my head. It helped to get you clean though!
Brian's turn.
Jumping over fire sounds much worse than it actually is.
Here I am looking all coordinated on what was the toughest thing for me. I was fine to walk up like this but almost really busted it once I reached for the top. Thankfully I could grab the top and hold the rope but I was laying flat out on my stomach on the board and this very nice woman at the top grabbed my hand and helped me the rest of the way.
The lady in red was my saving grace up that awful thing!
Brian doing a much better job than me on the wall.
We're done! I had no clue Brian was right behind me but he was obviously planning something!
Like a bear hug from behind that scared me to death!
Here comes Jamey. He could probably have killed me for making him do this right about now!
The last descent before the finish.
All done!
Tired and muddy and cold but had a blast!

No comments:
Post a Comment