Thanks to my amazingly helpful and wonderful parents, Jamey and I were able to go to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. Jamey planned the entire thing and thankfully I was just along for the ride. I was so worried that I'd miss my children terribly and be ready to come home but that was about the furthest thing from the case. We had an absolutely awesome time together and had definitely forgotten just how nice it is to have one on one time with each other without the constant interruption of little voices! Don't get me wrong, we missed our babies and talked about them constantly but also were able to enjoy each other so much and I honestly think more than we thought. Jamey told me about halfway through the week that he couldn't believe I wasn't bored with him by then and that we were still talking instead of reading!
We've never been the type to just sit on the beach and read for long so this beach was perfect for us. You could boogie board, kayak, do the Hobie Cat, walk, drink, eat, ride horses, and the list goes on! We mostly stuck with walking, doing the boogie boards, drinking, eating, and swimming in the pool but did venture out on the horses once and our rear ends are just now recovering from the adventure! Jamey had quite the renegade horse named Pablo who liked to do his own thing while mine had a foot in the grave and barely made the trek without collapsing. We met so many nice people, especially the waiters and bartenders. They were all so kind and welcoming and really made us enjoy every second of our trip.
When the time came to come home, we were both sad to leave but I think happy to get back and see our kiddos. I don't know why but it hit me like a ton of bricks on the plane coming home and I could not get to our babies fast enough! We kissed them in their sleep once we got home and wouldn't trade anything in the world for the happy wake up call of Carter and Cooper jumping onto our bed to welcome us home. While I enjoyed our 7 days in paradise, I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the everyday days in paradise right here at home!
Thank you so much Jamey for still loving me like you do after 3 babies and 10 years together. Our relationship keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years will be like! You are an amazing husband and daddy, my very best friend, and my soul mate and I love you more than you will ever know! Thanks for letting me be your "lady"!
Our bell boy insisted on a kissy picture in front of our anniversary door!
I was a little weirded out by these beach beds but they were so comfortable and a nice change for your bottom after a rough horseback riding experience!
This was the beach restaurant where we ate lunch every day. They had other options but this one you could wear your bathing suit and stay on the beach.
.jpg)
I had a hard time finding a drink I really loved until one bartender named Miguel came up with something for me. He wouldn't tell us what was in it but would always just say, "special for the the lady!" It was indeed special and delicious!
The best beer there is Presidente Light in our opinion but when the bar ran out, this is what they served Jamey...it was called "The One". It actually wasn't bad, we just loved the name.
Carolina was our favorite waitress inside and made sure to always take good care of us.
Oh Pablo and let's just call him Glue.
This was Sandy, our favorite beach waiter. He was always smiling and happy!
The bartenders were having a competition to keep me happy so it seemed! This drink was another "special for the lady" from another bartender named Omar and he called this his "Omar special." He would always bring me two each time, no matter what time of day it was and when I'd ask why he'd just shrug and say, "Happy Hour!"
I enjoyed these as you can see!
We woke up on our last day to watch the sunrise. It was so pretty and a great way to start our last day in paradise!
My last Omar special, sigh.
Omar!
Bye Punta Cana, until next time!!!

-001.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment