Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here!

We spent my last full weekend off until mid-January by filling it with more things to do than I ever thought possible in such a short amount of time! We started out by going to Pullen Park on Friday night to see Santa and ride the train. It was only 30 degrees here so we bundled up as much as possible but still managed to come home with frostbitten hands (at least that's what I call them)! Cooper refused to wear his gloves and would pull them off if we forced them on so by the time we were on our last ride, the carousel, he was crying his little eyes out and pointing to his hands saying Boo Boo's. They were swollen and blanching but seemed much better after we soaked them in warm water at home. He would have nothing to do with Santa but enjoyed everything else as much as you can in the freezing cold!

Saturday Carter and I went to the Christmas Pageant rehearsal at our church and then we went to the Carolina basketball game that night. The boys fortunately do really well - I think popcorn, singing the alma mater, hearing "Jump Around", and going down to the practice court for more snacks are the highlight of their night but they watch some of the game too on occasion!

Sunday meant church in the morning and then the Christmas Pageant and church Christmas Party in the afternoon! We were busy but had the cutest shepherd around yesterday! I had the lucky job of being a shepherd wrangler, which just meant trying to keep 30 plus little boys calm and happy before their big entrance. Having been around so many little boys I must say that I take for granted how well behaved ours actually are...some of those boys were just flat out bad!

Now here a million out of order pictures! They had professional photographers at the park but the slips of paper they gave us to retrieve our pictures were all not us except this one so I'll add the right ones once they sort it out.
These were last weekend decorating our tree - Carter felt so important to be decorating and I can now say the front, lower portion of our tree has an ornament on every square inch of it thanks to him!


Cooper came down after his nap and wasn't sure what to make of the tree as you can see.







Can you tell Cooper was a little cold?





Warming up by the fire once we were back home - we never turn the gas logs on so this was a real treat for Carter!


Wouldn't you know Carter would be right in the middle of the angels instead of hanging out with the boys!

Carter is the shepherd on the right if you can't tell.

Not sure where he is in this one...
It looks like the people are on fire for some reason but I wanted to show you how pretty our church is!

No comments: